About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Proposal Writer & Editor
The ideal proposal writer will have a proven track record of writing and winning proposals for both federal government agencies and commercial customers in the space industry. Government proposal writing experience in the aerospace & defense industry will also be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages proposal development from draft solicitation stage through final proposal revisions.
- Writes compliant, compelling, and client-centric narrative aligned to the proposed solution.
- Rewrites technical text as necessary for clarity, readability, and tone.
- Edits for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Coordinates with technical team to gather and draft technical proposal volumes.
- Takes on increasingly challenging technical proposal sections.
- Enforces internal proposal deadlines and oversees the review and approval processes.
- Incorporates feedback based on reviews to ensure the final narrative is compliant & compelling.
- Identifies, resolves, mitigates, and escalates gaps and risks to management and technical leads when necessary.
- Creates proposal tools and resources to improve the proposal development process.
- Manages a variety of proposals to include launch service, space system, and satellite submittals.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-year degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, or relevant technical subject.
- 3+ years of professional writing and/or editing experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with SharePoint and Salesforce.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple proposals where the process and/or deliverable is nonstandard.
- 3+ years of professional experience preparing documents for publication in Microsoft Office.
- 3+ years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- An active US government issued Security Clearance.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab