About The Role
This is a long-term, full-time position at Rocket Lab headquarters in Long Beach, CA. Candidates with technical writing experience supporting production (e.g. creating work instructions) is a plus.
The ideal proposal writer will have a proven track record of writing & winning proposals for both federal and commercial customers in the launch vehicle service industry. Federal proposal writing experience in the aerospace & defense industry will also be considered.
- 4-year degree in English, Communications, Business or relevant technical subject.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience writing government proposals.
- Must be familiar with RFP, RFI and RFQ formats.
- 4-year degree in a STEM major.
- DoD or U.S. Federal agency proposal writing experience for the launch vehicle service industry.
- Statement of Work (SOW) writing experience.
- Create, edit and deliver business proposals for federal government agencies and commercial customers.
- Incorporating graphics, schematics, figures, and other visual objects into manuals using various media formats
- Analyze proposal documents such as requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), and requests for quotations (RFQs).
- Gather information from the sales team, developers or engineers, vendors, and other partners to accurately determine projected costs and benefits.
- Collaborates with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) on how to integrate the technical solutions, including methodology, approach, and step-by-step procedures into the narratives and responses to RFP, SOW, and/or PWS requirements.
- Actively participates in each stage of the proposal planning process, including strategy meetings, to determine how to translate win themes, discriminators, features/benefits, and other strategy element concepts into compliant and compelling narrative.
- Coordinates all proposal sections assigned (Past Performance, Technical, Management, Pricing) and completes all required Government forms.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.