About The Role
- Contract position – 12 months
- One off project, unique and exciting
Rocket Lab is seeking an experienced project manager to take responsibility for the construction of the new Propulsion Test Complex. Responsibilities will cover all civil, mechanical and electrical engineer work involved in this project to ensure it is delivered within budget and on time.
The 1.5-hectare site is based approximately 45 minutes south of Auckland and will be the future home of Rocket Lab’s propulsion testing team who carry out rocket engine, stage and engine component testing, the new site will see these separate testing stages come together on one site for the first time.
Preferred skills and expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in major contraction project deliver
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineer or similar
- A highly organised and proactive approach to your work
- The ability to make sound decisions and provide clear leadership
- Experienced using project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong internal and external customer focus
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to remain cheerful and appreciable in all situations
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.