About The Role
We have two types of projects that are covered by this role. The first type relates to expanding our infrastructure to support an increased cadence of rocket manufacturing and testing – an example being upgrading facilities where we test rocket engines and rocket stages. These projects are typically a mix of mechanical, electrical, and civil design and construction activities and involve working closely with our teams of engineers and technicians as well as our trusted suppliers.
The second type of project is related to the development of the vehicle itself. We have a number of projects in the pipeline aimed at increasing the performance of the vehicle to expand the service offering to our customers. These projects typically involve management through all stages of design, analysis, prototype manufacture and qualification testing and require active engagement and leadership throughout the duration of the project in order to deliver successful outcomes. This role will typically include working on both infrastructure projects and vehicle development projects at the same time.
Rocket Lab is a very exciting environment to work and provides a rare opportunity to work with a highly motivated group of people trying to achieve extraordinary things every day.
To succeed in this role, it is vital that you have strong project management experience ideally gained in the area of large design/build projects. It is Vital that you are well organised and capable of getting the very best out of people. You will be responsible for coordinating between multi-discipline engineering teams to ensure the scheduled delivery of projects critical to the success of the company. Reporting directly to the Program Director you will also be expected to present progress updates and reports to senior management on projects under your management.
- 10+ Years’ experience in project management of multi-faceted engineering projects for large custom products in a related industry
- Experience managing projects with a successful track record in terms of scope, cost, and delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience with project management software tools
- Ability to develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
- Excellent understanding of lean management principles
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.