About The Role
Rocket Lab have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to deliver key projects to build our capability and infrastructure to allow Rocket Lab to design, build, and launch rockets at an ever-increasing rate.
To succeed in this role, it is vital that you have strong project management experience ideally gained in the area of large design/build projects. It is vital that you are well organised and capable of getting the very best out of people.
The first big project to be undertaken will be moving Rocket Lab’s main Auckland facility into a new building, your first six months will involve developing detailed requirements and extend to you being the single point of contact for all 3rd party providers. Once you have delivered on this project you will quickly move on to other projects which include upgrading and expanding our test facilities where we hot fire rocket stages and a number of other exciting projects we have scheduled for 2018 and beyond.
- 8+ Years’ experience in project management of large design/build projects in either the construction industry or alternatively large custom products
- Experience managing commercial projects with a successful track record in terms of scope, cost, and delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationship
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.