Working as part of the Production Team Manufacturing Rocket Lab’s Electron Launch Vehicle, you will have the opportunity to use state of the art manufacturing and production techniques.
Working in the role of Production Test Technician at Rocket lab, you will be responsible for running tests for vehicle components as the Electron progresses through the production process.
Rocket Lab offers the opportunity to work in a very dynamic and fast paced environment. You will also be responsible for the significant test infrastructure of vibration tables and vacuum chambers, along with other testing hardware and you will be required to use your creative and intuitive thinking to test the systems for performance and operation characteristics to ensure the ongoing success of Rocket Lab’s launch program.
- Trade Certificate or equivalent qualification or experience
- 5+ years hands on experience in industry, ideally gained in a practical testing role
- A solid mechanical and electrical understanding with the able to demonstrate good hand skills with mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Computer literate and comfortable working with windows or Linux operating system
- Strong attention to detail - accurate documentation is essential
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines within a high-pressure environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and engineering professionals
- A methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space.
Small satellites have a crucial role to play in improving understanding of our planet and humanity’s impact on it. Rocket Lab’s lightweight carbon composite Electron launch vehicle is designed to give these satellites dedicated launches and flexible orbit options. From real-time earth imaging and improved natural disaster prediction, to crop management and global internet, improved access to space enables us to take informed, deliberate steps in the management of our planet.
On May 25 2017, Electron made history as the first orbital-class launch vehicle to reach space from a private launch facility. It marked a significant milestone in eliminating commercial barriers and opening space for business. Founded in 2006 by Peter Beck, Rocket Lab is headquartered in Los Angeles with operations and a launch site in New Zealand. It is a privately funded company with investors including Khosla Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Lockheed Martin, Promus Ventures and Data Collective.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.