About The Role
The vehicle testing team works closely with the design and analysis teams to perform qualification tests, refine designs and ensure the structure of the Electron vehicle, mechanical components and fluid systems meet functional and performance requirements.
On a day to day basis the team will be planning, performing and analysing tests to verify the suitability of new designs against their requirements. In addition, we focus heavily on the continuous improvement of existing designs, lateral thinking is strongly encouraged.
The Vehicle Testing team is critical to preserving and improving the integrity of the vehicle and its various systems, while at the same time providing sufficient resources to support ongoing development and production schedules.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Team Mentoring – Effectively mentoring the current team of test engineers.
- Test Planning – Formulating and reviewing comprehensive test plans to ensure compliance with common aerospace standards.
- Test Execution – Predominantly directing the execution of test, but some hands-on work is expected.
- Test Analysis – Applying your expertise, particularly in the area of fluid systems to the analysis and understanding of test results
- Troubleshooting existing designs – Leveraging your experience to offer insights into off-nominal behaviour and performing failure modes and effects analysis
- Aerospace, mechanical or mechatronic engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years developing and testing mechanical systems, with a focus on pneumatic systems.
- Strong understanding of thermofluids and the ability to effectively convey your understanding to juniors
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Sound analytical skills and capable of seeing the big picture and making connections and appropriate decisions
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- Experience with cryogenic systems including oxygen service systems
- Structural testing experience
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.