About The Role
This is a challenging and fast-paced role that offers the opportunity to work on advanced space systems and you’ll experience the thrill of seeing your work reach orbit. You will be the go-to person for technical expertise, and help guide the team of engineers with technical direction. You will have a track record of good engineering decision making, hands-on electronic design experience, and the successful delivery of complex electronic projects.
ABOUT ROCKET LAB:
We go to space to improve life on Earth. We are driven to broaden the horizons of what’s already possible in space and are inspired by the possibilities not yet imagined. Rocket Lab is ushering a new era of unprecedented access to orbit for small satellites to make this future a reality.
Our team designs, builds and launches the Electron rocket – the most advanced small launch vehicle, featuring carbon composite structures and 3D printed engines. Rocket Lab’s team is filled with the most driven, talented and passionate people you’ll ever work with. Everyone’s ideas are heard and each individual has the opportunity to shape the future of Rocket Lab, and in turn, the global small satellite launch industry.
If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
- Hands-on design of power electronics products from concept through to manufacturing
- Expertise for the overall architecture of low-voltage and high-voltage power electronic components and subsystems for the electron launch vehicle
- Assess and perform component selection for new technologies based on functionality, price, and technical risk
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for the team of engineers, providing direction for specific tasks and skills
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the on-time delivery of complex projects, working across departments to ensure successful implementation
- Provide a leadership role in anomaly resolutions, coordinating between teams, and providing high-level recommendations for managing technical risk
- Deliver quality and reliability in the power electronics systems, and drive quality in the team
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in a relevant design field
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex technical problems and good engineering decision making
- High proficiency with electronic design tools
- Experience in medium/high voltage electronics and/or high-power electronics
- Experience in BLDC motor controller design. • Experience in DC/DC converters
- High proficiency with diagnostic tools and test equipment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in high-reliability and/or high-performance industries is a plus
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.