About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Precision Finishing Technician - 2nd Shift
As a Precision Finishing Technician for Rocket Lab you will be finishing additive manufactured parts used to build Rutherford, an innovative electric turbo-pump rocket engine powering Rocket Labs Electron launch vehicle.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in part finishing (machined, cast, forged or printed).
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- High-level of manual dexterity skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Able to maintain a clean, safe and efficient work area.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with additive manufacturing or investment casting.
- Experience with high strength steels and Inconel alloys.
- Knowledgeable in part QA processes and dye penetrant testing.
- Knowledgeable in TIG, laser and electron beam welding.
- Upon hire candidate must start on 1st shift (6:00am to 2:30pm) to complete initial training for 4-weeks.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.