About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Precision Cleaner - 2nd Shift
All major components of the Rutherford rocket engine are 3D printed including; thrust chamber, injectors, main valves and pump parts. Remaining parts are machined from raw material or procured externally. As a Precision Cleaner at Rocket Lab you will be responsible for cleaning machined flight hardware components and assemblies. Position requires a high-level of attention to detail.
Precision Cleaner is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone with limited experience.
- 1+ years of experience in precision cleaning in aerospace industry.
- Experienced in precision cleaning, ultrasonic cleaners, degreasers, oxygen cleaning and clean room methodology/practices.
- Experience bagging parts and creating labels accordingly.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work productively without direct supervision.
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Computer literate, able to follow instructions and record day to day activities.
- Highly organised with faultless attention to detail.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Experience working in a cleanroom.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning Tanks.
- Bag & Tag.
- NVR (non-volatile residue).
- Particle Part Testing.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.
- Upon hire, candidate must start on 1st shift (6:00am to 2:30pm) for one month to complete initial training.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.