About The Role
We need your expertise in running and maintaining our Eastman plotter, you will need to have to be capable of reverse engineering parts to file coupled with extensive experience working with pre-preg composite fibre.
Rocket Lab offers the opportunity to work in a very dynamic, fast pace environment where everyone on the team is working to the same goal.
- Establish fibre quantities and a database by creating Rocket Lab’s composite part plotter files
- Operate and maintain Rocket Lab’s Eastman plotter
- Reverse engineering parts to file• Working with pre-preg composite fibre
- Preparation of kit packs for manufacturing
- Keep workspace clean and tidy to maintain the integrity of the part being built for spaceflight application - it is vital that the work area is tidy at all times
- Please Note: This role will involve some heavy lifting and overtime will be required on occasion to achieve deadlines
- Previous experience in a similar position
- 1+ years pre-preg laminating experience
- Take pride in delivering work to the highest standard
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A solid grasp of applied maths
- A problem solver with a proactive, enthusiastic, creative and open approach to learning
- Capable of working as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- A passion for building composite materials for space
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.