About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Payroll Administrator is responsible for but not limited to maintaining the company payroll records which includes, stock compensation, employee benefits and related taxes. You will support the Financial Accounting Manager in the Accounting organization, with deliverables required effective accounting operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and process payroll on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis for salaried and hourly employees
- Validate and reconcile payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting, and records.
- Process all new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Assist with all employee contributions for (401K), HSA, Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESOP), and Stock Based Compensation including coordinating transmissions with third party providers.
- Process manual checks for terminations and adjustments as needed
- Reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies of relevant payroll, benefits, and tax accounts
- Coordinate with other departments (Human Resources, IT, Finance and Accounting) to gather relevant data
- Support month end close activities such as journal entry compilation, reconciliation, and reporting
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ year accounting or payroll experience
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis
- Payroll and reconciliation experience is a must
- Experience with stock or equity related compensation is preferred
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP systems
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status