About The Role
The Operations Engineer will lead the way for the organization by benchmarking best practices and creating systems that promote consistency across US and New Zealand Supply Chain and Quality operations.
This role works to continuously enhance the efficiency and accuracy of Supply Chain and Quality processes through the development and deployment of improved processes and automation.
- Adaptable & comfortable in an exciting, dynamic, and evolving environment
- Hands-on with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or industrial engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing supply chain systems
- Strong data analytics & visualization skills
- Competency with SQL databases &SQL programming
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience
- Working experience with capacity modeling, process mapping, Lean/Six Sigma, and value stream mapping
- Analyze Supply Chain and Quality data and identify biggest problems that are impacting the team’s ability to deliver hardware to schedule and quality requirements of production.
- In cases where adequate data is not available, create efficient methods to collect accurate data for this purpose.
- Anticipate future problems by highlighting trends in the data, allowing management to preemptively act.
- Based on data analysis, use appropriate techniques (fishbone, 5-why, etc.) to diagnose the root cause of problems.
- Identify the extent of the problem and understand upstream factors and downstream implications.
- Propose new process and/or system improvements that will elevate the capabilities and reliability of the organization.
- Pitch solutions to management and make recommendations on which projects should be prioritized. Justify resources needed for successful completion and acquire additional support as needed.
- Take ownership for implementation of improvements, leveraging other teams as needed for success.
- Provide ongoing support for processes/systems after deployment, incorporating user feedback to continuously improve.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.