About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Located at Rocket Lab headquarters in Huntington Beach, California. The MRO Buyer will be responsible for ensuring maintenance, repair and operations goods and services are supplied on-time, to the right place and at the best possible price.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure services and materials are ordered, manufactured and delivered to specification and on time.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements.
- Review statements of work (SOW) and requirements with internal stakeholders.
- Place purchase orders (POs) and maintain key deliverables in the company’s ERP system.
- Expedite overdue orders and ensure delivery dates committed by suppliers are adhered to.
- Ensure orders in transit are followed up and receipted accordingly with logistics.
- Ensure internal stakeholder queries are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Support Accounts Payable (A/P) by ensuring invoices can be processed and available for payment from buying team.
- Support in maintaining key matrix such as; overdue POs, unapproved RQUs, and overall vendor master data.
- Support Supply Chain by maintaining appropriate channels of communication with key stakeholders.
- Ensure all purchase related data is continuously recorded and updated.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a team and to build effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing / buying position.
- Experience in an ERP environment.
- Experience working in an ITAR controlled environment.
- MRO experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of DFAR/FARs within a purchasing environment.
- Prior experience using Infor LN ERP.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.