About The Role
The proper candidate will guide Rocket Lab’s customers from signing a contract through payload integration and launch. This role requires a candidate who works well with a multidisciplinary team and can hold their own when presented with technical challenges in front of both internal and external customers. Candidate will work directly with customers in a pre-sales environment in a sales engineering role to assist senior management with capture activities. Position is based in Huntington Beach, CA USA at Rocket Lab USA HQ, but requires frequent travel to customers and launch sites worldwide.
- Management of multiple Rocket Lab customer missions, including technical, programmatic, and financial milestones
- Performs hands-on payload integration activities, including fit checks, dispenser and launch vehicle integration
- Assists business development with proposal input, lead generation, and technical sales engineering reviews
- Responsible for development and verification of Launch Vehicle to Spacecraft Interface Control Documentation (ICD)
- Ability to create and execute assembly integration instructions
- In constant contact with customers to answer questions with technical staff as required
- Represent the company at public events, including conferences, industry forums, outreach and recruiting events
- Helps lead Mission Integrators in expanding their mission management skillset
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline – Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace degree preferred + 5 years or more of applicable experience
- Previous launch vehicle or spacecraft project management experience.
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills, able to assist with closure of sales / customer capture
- Previous launch vehicle or space hardware integration experience
- Ability to understand technical constraints relative to payload launch including results from mission specific analysis
- Solid presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel to launch sites and customer sites including overseas (New Zealand and others)
- Hardworking, fun-loving, strong when faced with a challenge, and a fantastic sense of humor
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Ability to obtain a US Government DoD Security Clearance
- ITAR - Previous experience with ITAR and establishment of TAA's
- Previous Mission Management or Mission Integration experience
- Experience working with complex mechanical systems with your own hands
- Experience with CubeSats, SmallSats, or other small space payloads
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to perform electrical and mechanical testing
- Previous space sector sales engineering experience including management of customer expectations
- Existing US Government DoD Security Clearance
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an equal opportunity employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.