About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Rocket Lab, Space Systems, is a vertically integrated spacecraft provider with its line of configurable small spacecraft called Photon which enables end-to-end high performance missions. Execution is at our core – while other companies talk about it, we do it!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop high performance, lightweight satellite systems, mechanisms, and satellite bus configurations.
- Develop concept and satellite configuration for business development and high value science and interplanetary missions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 1 to 3 years of relevant satellite design experience.
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge/skills in CAD modeling/drawing (NX or SolidWorks).
- Rapid conceptual design iteration.
- Exceptional mechanical mechanism problem-solving skills.
- High level of hands on development and testing experience.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data (Thermal, Vibe).
- The ability to take a product from concept through to production with little supervision.
- Highly self motivated and managed.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Ability to apply GD&T to component designs.
- Experience developing satellite deployment systems.
- Experience in space system manufacturing and testing.
- General spacecraft systems engineering knowledge, requirements assessment, interface control document generation.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status