About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer role will be responsible for developing high performance, lightweight satellite deployment systems, mechanisms and satellite bus configurations. This development will cover the conceptual design, prototyping, testing, optimization and initial production phases. A high level of experience in CAD, GD&T, mechanical systems, carbon composite manufacture and spaceflight testing/integration are required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5 to 10 years’ of recently Space industry experience as a mechanical engineer.
- Advanced knowledge/skills in CAD modeling/drawing (Solidworks).
- Rapid conceptual design iteration.
- Exceptional mechanical mechanism problem-solving skills.
- High level of hands on development and testing experience.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data (Thermal, Vibe).
- The ability to take a product from concept through to production with little supervision.
- Highly self motivated and managed.
- Ability to apply GD&T to component designs.
- Experience developing satellite deployment systems.
- Experience in space system manufacturing and testing.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.