About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Material Planning Manager
The Material Planning Manager leads a team with responsibility for ensuring raw materials, and components are delivered supporting production needs, efficiently. This role will fully understand our supply chain and production operations. They will develop inventory strategies and drive execution. The Material Planning Manager requires engagement with Rocket Lab New Zealand across the extended supply chain.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing team of Material Planners and Production Planners
- Responsible for team creating material demand within MRP, and plan material supply by releasing purchase planning messages to procurement and work orders to Production
- Responsible for ensuring part master data within MRP is accurate
- Create visibility of our material position (with line of balance reports, material shortage reports, clear to build reports, etc.)
- Identify part supply constraints that may impact production schedule, and create mitigation plans
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of related experience as Material Planner, Production Planner, Buyer, or equivalent
- Proven ability to manage demand planning and supply planning within MRP
- Proven ability to onboard and contract pricing agreements with suppliers
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab