About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The Senior Material Planner supports the efficient delivery of raw materials and components for Rocket Lab production needs. This role will deploy inventory strategies and drive supplier execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for demand, supply, and fulfillment planning within MRP
- Responsible for releasing purchase planning messages to Procurement, work orders to Production, and kit requests to the warehouse.
- Responsible for updating demand to accommodate Engineering Change Orders, communicate changes to Procurement.
- Create visibility of material position (with line of balance reports, material shortage reports, clear to build reports, etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring part master data within MRP is accurate
- Understand material demand and accuracy of configuration
- Configure BOM’s within MRP, based on product spec
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab