About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Master Scheduler is responsible for managing the Master Schedule, including build sequence and production targets. You will support the Supply Chain organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
- Responsible for the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process
- Accountable for building top-line master scheduled demand in our MRP system
- Planning, prioritizing and coordinating operations to ensure maximum production performance and minimum delay
- Communicate the schedule to entire organization, and alert relevant groups of risks to schedule slips
- Develop and maintain a reliable forecast
- Provide Mission Management with milestone dates for all vehicles and notify any changes to the build schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 4+ years of related experience as Master Scheduler, Material Planner, or equivalent (low volume, long lead time manufacturing experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of production planning principles
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to interface with high level individuals, executives, and company associates
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, and Python
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Experience managing remote teams
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab