About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
To support production of spacecraft components (reaction wheels and star trackers) by continuously improving, expanding, and maintaining electrical, mechanical, and optical production processes, procedures, and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn and document established manufacturing procedures
- Work with team members to create and document new manufacturing procedures
- Create and maintain bills of materials for all products
- Create and maintain work instructions for mechanical and electrical technicians
- Facilitate transfer of existing inventory tracking systems to LN ERP environment
- Continuously improve manufacturing volume and efficiency through refinement of processes, procedures, facilities, staffing, and space
- Research, source, and document proposals for equipment, workstations, and manufacturing methods. Implements solution when approved.
- Analyze and resolve manufacturing discrepancies and non-conformances. Where necessary, lead root cause analyses and implement corrective actions.
- Organize, manage, and send parts to external vendors for additional processing
- Create and maintain external vendor relations
- Monitor inventory relative to orders and forecasts, and procure parts to avoid shortages
- Receive, inspect, document, and store incoming parts
- Conduct studies to estimate schedule and cost for various production efforts.
- Train production personnel on new and existing processes, procedures, and equipment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Exposure to, or certification in, Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Exposure to, or experience with, Infor LN ERP Software and SQL interfaces
- Knowledge of mechanical processing and assembly (machining, 3D printing, coating)
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing (soldering, dipping, inspection, rework)
- Experience with time studies, lay-out improvement
- Familiarity with best practices for working in cleanroom/cleanbench environments
- Familiarity with best practices for working with ESD-sensitive hardware
- Familiarity with environmental testing (electromagnetic, thermal, vibration, vacuum, shock)
- Highly organized and able to solve problems independently with strong attention to detail
- Able to collaborate effectively with team members having diverse skills sets and expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in high-tech manufacturing environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status