About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Located at Rocket Lab Headquarters in Long Beach, California. The maintenance engineer will own calibration and maintenance of all production equipment used to manufacture the Rutherford engine. The ideal maintenance engineer will have experience developing and/or maintaining asset registers; maintenance systems, plans, and 5S infrastructure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ownership of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Analyze and recommend appropriate customization and or efficiency improvements.
- Develop, train users, and maintain calibration system.
- Create and maintain appropriate reports and metrics.
- Develop asset group management processes with stakeholders.
- Source and select maintenance and calibration vendors.
- Ensure a unified methodology and best practice across the organization.
- Define Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all production equipment.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) training documentation for technicians.
Preventative Maintenance & Calibration
- Recommend maintenance strategy by component.
- Develop, maintain, and execute production equipment preventative maintenance requirements.
- Review and accept corrective maintenance actions.
- Coordinate and schedule corrective maintenance efficiently giving careful considering to production schedule.
- Perform mechanical work on or around process piping (liquid and pneumatic)
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, production equipment including disassembly and reassembly of:
- Valves such as; pressure, gate, globe, ball, butterfly, check, double block, and diaphragm.
- Actuators such as; pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, and spring.
- Flow, pressure, density, and temperature meters.
- Positive and non-positive displacement pumps
- Control of lifting equipment register and certification.
- Control of electrical equipment register and equipment checking.
- Assist with the quoting, purchasing, installation, qualification and buy-off of new equipment.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Act as the main POC for EHS activities across RLHQ.
- Create and drive safety plans by area/resource/machine.
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas.
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum 4 years’ of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work under minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Gantt charts, planning software, and MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of fluid mechanics.
- Ability to interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience working within a similar industry (aeronautical, manufacturing).
- Infor LN ERP, Hippo, or similar Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Previous Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) implementation experience.
- MIG, TIG, Stick, Brazing and/or Soldering.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.