About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Wallops Flight Facility (LC-2) is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Issue and amend security badges and swipe fob's
Establish and Maintain Storage Management
- Optimum stock levels
- Bulk items
Integration and Control Facility
Vehicle Management (lease/rental/owned)
- Registration/Monitoring and update
- Damage/repair/maintenance management
- Domestic Waste disposal
- Unserviceable Equipment disposal
- HAZSUB collection and removal
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
- Additional duties as reasonably required
Required Experience / Skills
- 5 years previous experience within a stores/logistic discipline, or current relevant company experience
- Organized, proactive, self-starter, and team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence behaviour
- Internal and external customer focus
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, proactive, open to learning and values contributing to the wider team
- Methodical work ethic with an excellent eye for detail
- The ability to keep calm and perform under pressure
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.