About The Role
About Rocket Lab
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space. In support of this, Rocket Lab is developing the Electron orbital launch vehicle. Electron is a small launch vehicle capable of lifting a 150 kg payload to a 500 km sun-synchronous orbit.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab’s Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled engineers ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
- Coordinate all international shipping and freight movements to and from our Huntington Beach facility
- Prepare shipping documentation efficiently and accurately as set forth by the company and ensure that the documentation complies with the U.S. import/export requirements and N.Z. import/export requirements.
- Prepare all required U.S. ITAR and Dept. of Commerce export control documentation and ensure compliance.
- Full ownership of internal Kanban process for off-the-shelf inventory items including managing minimum quantities according to lead times, submitting orders for low stock, creating new storage locations as necessary, etc
- Work within ERP system for all responsibilities and maintain accurate data
- Responsible for coordinating U.S. external services such as sending parts/assemblies out for anodizing, plating, testing, welding, etc.
- Communication with procurement team to troubleshoot supplier issues and non-conformance.
- Full ownership of return-to-vendor process for any non-conforming hardware and maintain vendor communication to drive key performance metrics
- Current or recent forklift certificate/license required
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years Logistics experience
- Previous experience with international shipping and export documentation
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent data entry skills alphanumeric and numeric
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight hardware
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- ITAR knowledge
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.