About The Role
About the role of Logistics Coordinator
Rocket Lab has a newly created position, Logistics Coordinator and we are looking for a dynamic motivated individual who has experience in international shipping and understands the vital role that attention to detail plays when dealing with U.S. export controls and customs documentation.
As the first Logistics Coordinator within our Huntington Beach facility this is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level and for the right individual, there is plenty of scope for future career growth.
Logistics Coordinator - Responsibilities
- Coordinate all international shipping and freight movements to and from our Huntington Beach facility
- Prepare shipping documentation efficiently and accurately as set forth by the company and ensure that the documentation complies with the U.S. import/export requirements and N.Z. import/export requirements.
- Prepare all required U.S. ITAR and Dept. of Commerce export control documentation and ensure compliance.
- Manage the procurement of U.S. domestically sourced production components and streamline supply chain
- Receive, stock and track machined, assembled, and COTS parts
- Check stock levels on all inventory and consumables, order more when necessary and update ERP quantities accordingly.
- Responsible for coordinating U.S. external services in such as send parts/assemblies out for anodizing, plating, testing, etc.
- Communication with procurement team to troubleshoot issues and non-conformance
Logistics Coordinator – Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years Logistics experience
- Previous experience with international shipping and export documentation
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent data entry skills alphanumeric and numeric
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight hardware
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- ITAR knowledge
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.