About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The Legal Counsel is responsible for negotiating contracts, ensuring regulatory compliance, protecting intellectual property, and providing legal advice. The Legal Counsel works closely with other departments to foresee and protect the company against legal risks, participates in Legal department initiatives, and recommends to management on how to respond to legal issues.
- Negotiates commercial agreements and transactions.
- Implements intellectual property protection strategies.
- Improves processes for legal operations.
- Supports corporate governance requirements and monitors compliance.
- Participates in regulatory processes and monitors compliance.
- Assists in the development and submittal of new business proposals.
- Communicates commercial and legal risks to management and stakeholders and develops mitigation plans.
- Communicates with external parties, including customers, suppliers, and regulators.
- Works effectively with all staff to advance the goals of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school.
- Member of the California State Bar in good standing (or eligible to practice in California as registered in-house counsel)
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to work in time-crunch situations if required for conducting negotiations, meeting deadlines, proposals, meeting preparations, and customer interface.
- Abide by all applicable Health and Safety legislation and Rocket Lab policies and procedures.
- Must be able to travel if required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status