About The Role
- Relocation package available
- Opportunity to join the team at Rocket Lab’s Launch Complex One
As a Senior Launch Technician – Mechanical at LC-1 you will be at the business end of Rocket Lab’s launch activities. You will have the opportunity to join the tight-knit team of technicians and engineers that build, integrate, test, operate and maintain critical launch systems vital to ensuring Electron’s record or successful launches continues.
We are looking for a technically driven individual who wants to be part of changing the way the world accesses space, this opportunity gives the successful individual the chance to make a true contribution to the work Rocket Lab is undertaking.
You will be working on launch critical hardware so it is vital that you have exceptional hand skills and are experienced using a wide variety of tools. You will be challenged on a daily basis and tasks will be varied,
- Launch Pad Development – Fit out, assembly & installation of launch pad systems such as heavy engineering structures, mechanisms, fluid lines, electrical & control hardware & RF equipment
- Launch Operations – Supporting activities during launch pad & vehicle integration and launch operations
- Maintenance – Development of preventative maintenance & inspection procedures and routine maintenance and upgrades of the launch systems
- 8+ years’ experience in the assembly of large structures and mechanisms
- Experience in machining and fabrication
- Experience with tubing
- Experience with fluid systems - pneumatic, cryogenic and/or hydraulics preferred
- An understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement instrumentation
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
- Experience using heavy equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to represent Rocket Lab within the local community and to build strong long term relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills and capable of using your own initiative
- A high level of attention to detail
- Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Previous experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.