About The Role
The world’s only private orbital launch site, Rocket Lab’s Launch Complex 1 is located on the beautiful Māhia Peninsula on New Zealand’s east coast. Though Rocket Lab designs and manufactures its rockets elsewhere in New Zealand, you’ll be part of the team at the actual Electron launch site, working alongside a dedicated, hard-working, tight-knit crew. The diverse team at Launch Complex 1 in Māhia is made up of locals from the East Coast, wider New Zealand and international staff who have relocated to this popular beach and holiday destination. As well as enjoying the most beautiful drive to work you could ask for, opportunities abound on days off for surfing, fishing, and other outdoor activities that aren't as easily accessible in major cities.. The teams and facilities at Launch Complex 1 are growing all the time, making Māhia an exciting location for your next career move.
Working as LC-1 Logistic Assistant you be tasked with providing accurate and responsive, world-class logistic support to Rocket Lab staff, clients and contractors operating at or transferring stores and equipment to and from LC-1.
- Monitor and resupply; water, gases, fuels and lubricants.
- Maintain and seek opportunities to improve stores and warehousing processes, update inventory, conduct stock takes, research and submit purchase requests, and process inwards/outwards freight action
- Waste Management; coordinate waste removal from site
- Health & Safety; ensure that all visitors, contractors, delivery are compliant with H&S when on-site
- Fleet Management; assist with vehicle fleet management e.g. serviceability, maintenance and licence compliance
- Distribution of food and accommodation support items
- Ideally around a year’s logistics and/or stores experience
- Full driver's licence is essential
- Forklift operator experience is highly desireable
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS office
- Previous experience with ERP/MRP desirable
We promise that you will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. The people who do well at Rocket Lab have a can-do attitude and get stuck in. This is a great opportunity to work in one of the most stunning workplaces in NZ. You’ll also contribute and support team members to deliver on our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.