About The Role
This newly created position will see you facilitate the LC-1 infrastructure expansion which covers civil, mechanical and electrical engineering projects. You will manage projects through from start to finish including concept, design, analysis, planning, procurement and construction and will be tasked with ensuring these projects are delivered on-budget, on-specification and on-time.
This is a truly brilliant opportunity to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand. It is vital that applicants are prepared to relocate to Mahia for this position - relocation assistance will be provided to the successful candidate.
The key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to
- Liaison with council for consent requirements and compliance
- Design, specification, contracting, construction and delivery of vertical and horizontal contraction projects
- Budget construction, proposal and management
- Project planning, monitoring and reporting
- Contractor management
- 5 years + proven previous experience in major project delivery
- A Bachelor Engineering in either mechanical, electrical, civil or other relevant equivalent qualification
- Highly organised and proactive
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- The ability to be both Internal and external customer focussed
- Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines• Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly with good judgement.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.