About The Role
Following on from Rocket Lab’s recent successful launch of still testing on January 21st 2018 we are looking to expand our Launch Safety team, this is an Auckland based position with regular travel required to Launch Complex 1 (LC-1) in Mahia.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Ensuring the clearance of a safe area around the launch range
- Support missions from the Mahia facility during launches
- Communicate with and direct airborne, marine, and land-based assets
- Combine information from multiple sensor systems including radar, cameras, AIS, and mobile assets to build and communicate a situational picture
- Engage the public and commercial vessels to ensure their awareness and cooperation around the safety zone
- Contribute to the development, management, and documentation of systems and procedures to manage range safety around our growing facility and increasing launch frequency.
- 4+ years experience in a marine or port traffic management, air traffic control, naval surveillance and management, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of vessel or equivalent movements over a wide area
- Experience in high-pressure, time critical public safety management environments
- Experience in fast-paced commercial projects
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, including a demonstrated ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Tertiary qualifications in safety and/or risk management
- New Zealand maritime radio, GPS, and radar operator certificates or equivalent
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.