About The Role
Following on from Rocket Lab’s recent successful launch of still testing on January 21st 2018 we are looking to expand our Launch Safety team, this is an Auckland based position with regular travel required to Launch Complex 1 (LC-1) in Mahia.
Working within launch safety operations you will take responsibility for producing licensing material and maintaining compliance, procedure development, and the maintenance of safety systems and training databases. You will also contribute to the development of processes and systems to ensure efficient creation and maintenance of compliance documentation and evidence to ensure material is accurate and available for regulatory audits
This role is ideal for someone with previous experience in an operational safety, compliance engineering, or policy position. Being an individual who doesn’t mind being hands-on from time to time would be an advantage. Rocket Lab offers a unique working environment and the opportunity to work with driven, highly successful individuals all working together as a team towards the same goal.
Key areas of responsibility for Launch Safety Operations
- Regulations & Licensing - Develop, compile and review all licensing material, including launch and facility licensing regulations and testing, training, and qualifications tracking and compliance
- Launch Planning – Writing and maintaining launch operational and emergency response plans and procedures
- 4+ years experience in a compliance engineering or technical writing role within a highly regulated, technical industry
- Excellent skills in structuring, writing, and maintaining technical documents such as compliance expositions and process manuals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience automating document preparation and integration with XML or similar data sources
- Experience using document preparation tools such as LaTeX or FrameMaker
- Experience with document automation and templating systems
- Experience using GIS software to prepare diagrams, manipulate data sets, or automate common tasks
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.