About The Role
- The installation of launch range systems including launch pad structures and mechanisms, fluid lines and associated components, electrical and control hardware and RF equipment.
- On-site fabrication and modification of launch range equipment
- Routine maintenance and upgrades of the launch range systems
- Support launch campaigns together with final assembly and integration of launch vehicles
This position is based at Mahia peninsula and will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Previous experience in the assembly of large structures and mechanisms
- Experience in machining and fabrication
- Experience with fluid systems – pneumatic, cryogenic and/or hydraulics preferred
- An understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement instrumentation
- The ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
- Experience using heavy equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to represent Rocket Lab within the local community and to build strong long term relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills and capable of using your own initiative
- A high level of attention to detail
- Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines
- An engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.