About The Role
This opening presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced instrumentation and controls engineer to join Rocket Lab and work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand. You’ll be a crucial member of the company, it is vital that you are willing to travel regularly with the majority of your time being spent in Mahia at Rocket Lab’s Launch Complex One, you will also be supporting the Auckland team as and when required.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running when it comes to working with LabView. You will be challenged regularly, you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure. Day to day you will be working performing tasks related to data acquisition and control of hydraulic, cryogenic, pneumatic, electromechanical and electrical systems. You will be developing and implementing GUIs and HMIs as well as working on the back-end design, programming and testing.
This position will also play a vital role in supporting launch operations. You will be required to operate launch critical systems and troubleshoot real-time. It is essential that you are willing to work shifts and extended hours when this is needed to support launch and critical project milestones.
- Degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experienced working with LabView & C/C++
- Excellent process controls and instrumentation understanding
- Previous hands-on experience with data acquisition systems, sensors, motors, actuators and process controllers with an eye for detail
- Capable of creating accurate schematics for manufacture, installation, testing and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control hardware
- Attention to detail and a careful work ethic
- The ability to work under pressure and within a high stress environment
- Flexibility to work day or night shifts when required
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time, predominately to Rocket Lab’s launch facility in Mahia
- Able to work extended hours to support launch and critical operations
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.