About The Role
This is achieved through efficiencies throughout the entire chain of our vertically integrated service delivery. A key link is the production and assembly of Electron.Through the optimal use of modern techniques and systems, Rocket Lab’s Production Automation Software helps assure the quality of all manufactured and assembled components of our vehicles.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will provide significant contributions to Production Automation Software to support avionics and vehicle component acceptance testing, vehicle integration systems testing and integration of computerized production systems.
- Developing software and unit tests according to bug-fix and feature requests
- Participating in review of source code merge requests
- Approving merge requests for Software Assurance Level E
- Participating in scrum activities (e.g. stand-up, retrospectives, sprint planning)
- Keeping tickets up-to-date regarding work in progress
- A tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Network programming
- Linux application development
- Embedded systems development
- Database application development
- UX application development
- Experience with one of: Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, or other issue tracker
We'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will lead, inspire and support team members to reach their potential and deliver on our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits in including subsidised lunches and am on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.