About The Role
You will need good experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems. You will need require strong networking knowledge. We are seeking someone who maintains standards and structure - yet is still flexible and proactive in approach. Someone who has strong initiative. You must be willing to contribute to an open, trusting and positive team environment. You will work closely with a remote team to provide services and support to the LA facility. You will need the ability to work to deadlines, and maintain composure under pressure in a busy, yet exciting workplace.
Key duties include
- Deployment and management of network hardware. switches, routers, wireless.
- Management of VMware virtualized hardware and servers.
- Design and implementation of new systems and services.
- Procurement of equipment and related software/licensing.
- Providing remote support to New Zealand operations.
- Provide support, maintenance ensure uptime of remote mission critical applications.
- Sustain a strong focus on security. Implement and maintain a strong security architecture.
- 5+ Years’ experience and excellent familiarity of both Windows and Linux server environments. (Ubuntu/Debian)
- Experience hosting a range of web based applications
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy. Wintel experience.
- Experience providing proactive response to and monitoring of issues
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce well written documentation.
- Ability to work and collaborate closely with a remote team.
- Willing to work after hours when required.
Small satellites have a crucial role to play in improving understanding of our planet and humanity’s impact on it. Rocket Lab’s lightweight carbon composite Electron launch vehicle is designed to give these satellites dedicated launches and flexible orbit options. From real-time earth imaging and improved natural disaster prediction, to crop management and global internet, improved access to space enables us to take informed, deliberate steps in the management of our planet.
On May 25 2017, Electron made history as the first orbital-class launch vehicle to reach space from a private launch facility. It marked a significant milestone in eliminating commercial barriers and opening space for business. Founded in 2006 by Peter Beck, Rocket Lab is headquartered in Los Angeles with operations and a launch site in New Zealand. It is a privately funded company with investors including Khosla Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Lockheed Martin, Promus Ventures and Data Collective.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.