About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
About the role
The IT Support Team Lead, working closely with the IT Manager, manages and leads the Support Team and oversees the day-to-day Service Desk functions required to provide the efficient delivery of IT services to Rocket Lab. You will provide direction, instruction and guidance to the team around goals, service levels, and business communication to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of the IT Service Desk. Collaborates with the IT Manager and other key stakeholders to set these goals and deadlines.
- Experience in leading a Service Desk Team delivering outstanding customer service delivery.
- In depth knowledge of service management methodologies such as ITIL.
- Experience with: Gsuite/O365, Active directory, Windows / Linux server.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to delegate tasks, set clear goals, and deadlines.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of people of varying backgrounds, and to be adept at engaging with those people.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and present complex and technical concepts and ideas to a general audience.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.