About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Based at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, California, the Material Generalist is responsible for handling our inventory, kitting it to production, and ensure is it accurately accounted for in our system. Our inventory team plays a key role in our manufacturing business, and the team members are expected to provide materials efficiently. Team members a dedicated to continuous improvement, actively identifying opportunities for improvement, and to support the business on our important and exciting journey.
- Fulfilling inventory pick requests, and compiling full car part kits for production
- Receiving inventory into MRP, and conducting paper and visual inspections
- Manage inventory levels within MRP, and transactions for inventory moves
- Managing advanced kitting system (Kanban, line-side replenishment, etc.)
- Maintaining accurate inventory counts and storage locations within ERP/MRP
- Proactively report minimum stock levels
- Support inventory tracking and audits
- Follows relevant processes and procedures
- Perform daily cycle count processing
- Review, pick, organize, and put away standard hardware, purchased materials, parts, and
- Kit work orders safely and timely in accordance to company standards.
- Maintain the inventory of kitting supplies and materials.
- Liaise with Material Planner department, to ensure production components are pulled and issued on time.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/ procedures
- Identify and execute on performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring that the database correctly captures movements of all components, including inwards goods and storeroom functions
- Ensuring all parts are receipted into and issued out of the MRP system in a timely manner to ensure stock levels and movements are recorded
- Unboxing and processing incoming goods and distributing across the organization including receipting parts into the appropriate software
- Ensuring serial and lot numbers are recorded in the system if required
- Passing goods on to Quality Control if required
- Store is set up to meet needs of the business and parts movements in and out of the storeroom are recorded accurately
- Standard Warehouse Management principles are adhered to and inventory levels are accurate
- Cycle counts are completed in line with company requirements
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and tidy while maintaining tool accountability
- Abide by all applicable Health and Safety legislation and Rocket Lab policies and procedures
- Work effectively with all staff towards the goals of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, or High school diploma and 2+ years of relative experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, or other heavy manufacturing
- Experience with control and tracking of serial, and lot controlled materials.
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Prior experience in high-paced, rapid growth environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab