About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK (CONTRACT)
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for ensuring Electron launch vehicle components required by the business are supplied at the right time, to the right place. Our inventory team plays a key role in our manufacturing business, and the team members are expected to provide materials efficiently. Team members a dedicated to continuous improvement, actively identifying opportunities for improvement, and to support the business on our important and exciting journey.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily cycle count processing.
- Review, pick, organize, and put away standard hardware, purchased materials, parts, and assemblies.
- Kit work orders safely and timely in accordance to company standards.
- Maintain the inventory of kitting supplies and materials.
- Liaise with Material Planner department, to ensure production components are pulled and issued on time.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/ procedures.
- Identify and execute on performance improvement opportunities.
- Support production team in being a trusted partner to the business by maintaining appropriate channels of service levels and communication with key stakeholders.
- Ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to relevant people.
Reporting & Data Integrity
- Maintain lot and serial number master data for purchase and manufactured components.
- Compiles various routine inventory reports using appropriate computer system(s), or hard copy documents.
- Maintains ERP system through data input.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, ensuring health & safety policies, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas.
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in an inventory control position, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with control and tracking of serial, and lot controlled materials.
- Familiarity with inventory and kitting processes.
- Computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc…)
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and to build effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or relevant discipline.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualification, or related SCM/ Inventory Control certification.
- ERP experience using Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
- Four (4) month contract assignment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.