About The Role
About Rocket Lab Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space.
About the role
As a High Voltage Battery Technician at Rocket Lab you will be tasked with assembling all the batteries that power the Electron Launch Vehicle. This work will require previous assembly experience and extreme attention to detail to attain the high level of reliability required for aerospace components.
- Manufacture of high voltage battery packs including – PCB Assembly, Brick enclosure assembly, electrical assemblies with harnessing and soldering, high voltage pack assembly
- Test subassemblies and high voltage battery packs using specialist test equipment and software
- Use common hand tools – screwdrivers, pliers, spanners etc
- Use specialist tools and equipment; wire strippers, torque drivers, milliohmeter. Multimeter, DC power supply etc
- The ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
- Capable of understanding and following all health and safety procedures
- 4+ years electrical assembly experience
- The ability to learn quickly whilst also being capable of working unsupervised
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as semi-autonomously
- Experience working with electrical components in an ESD environment
Why Rocket Lab
We’ll offer you a career defining role working in a cool industry! You will be challenged with lots to learn and plenty to do that can change daily. We are based out in Mt Wellington, Auckland in a state-of-the-art facility. This role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If this excites you, I want to hear from you today.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.