About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach, CA facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Human Resources Representative
As the Human Resources Representative, you will work in partnership with the HR Team to provide overall HR-related administrative program support. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible to change, and support a growing human resource team and organization. Will be responsible for partnering with the human resources team to ensure all initiatives and deliverables for the department are met. Must have a strong, customer focused approach to duties. The ability to prioritize, be organized, and detail oriented is essential to the role.
- Provide general human resources guidance and support to employees and managers.
- Enter and maintain data in payroll system and other HR related systems. Perform daily and periodical data audits to ensure data integrity. Research data discrepancies and perform applicable clean-ups. Develop and produce reports, create forms and job aids, maintain organizational charts.
- Maintain employee files and the HR filing system.
- Verify information for employment verifications and other HR related request.
- Assist employees and applicants with benefits questions and requests; provide information regarding policies or resources as appropriate.
- Provides guidance on leave plans, policies, requirements, eligibility, and job protection rights (FLMA, CFRA, SDI, PDL, PFL, LTD and Workman’s Compensation).
- Coordinate HR sponsored events including employee activities, orientation, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for payroll administration, reviewing time records, reporting payroll, processing manual checks as well as wage and hour compliance.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current forms and documents as required.
- Prepare written communications materials related to human resources policies, benefits, job descriptions, etc.
- Support recruitment and new hire processes. Coordinate recruitments, including posting job ads and coordinate pre-employment screenings and offer letters.
- Organize and facilitate onboarding and orientation for new employees.
- Respond to all inquiries promptly and thoroughly while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Assist with employee relations questions/issues with direction from the HR Director.
- Help drive process improvement and change initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, in dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to produce quality work and handle periodic special projects, while maintaining focus and sense of urgency in an environment with frequent interruptions and a high level of varied activity.
- Working knowledge of HR processes and procedures.
- Ability to compose reports, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, letters and employee relations documents as required.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work within mandatory time frames.
- Strong, demonstrated computer experience working with MS Office, and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- BS/BA degree in human resources or related field.
- 3+ years Human Resource experience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.