About The Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a H&S strategy that supports our desire to have a safe workplace for all those who come into contact with it.
- Lead and implement H&S programmes and systems e.g. hazard management, incident investigation, near hit reporting, and injury management.
- Provide expert advice and support to managers nationwide and to the Executive team on H&S issues.
- Ensure managers receive timely advice and support in the interpretation and understanding of the H&S legislation
- Be an advocate for the Rocket Lab Safety first programme and role model required behaviours.
- Work with launch team and their H&S team members to ensure H&S practices and culture are aligned and work within an overall agreed framework and are meeting Space Agency requirements
- Model a commitment to the continued development of a ‘Safety First’ culture by developing supportive strategy, policies and procedures and ensuring managers develop processes in their teams that support safety first as well.
- Build and lead a high performing Health & Safety team
- A Health & Safety Leader with ten plus years’ experience in industrial, manufacturing or other high-risk environments.
- Experience in Safety Differently
- Experienced with developing and implementing new systems
- Strong technical H&S and legislative knowledge
- Experience in dealing with legislative bodies
- A trusted leader and coach with excellent stakeholder management skills
- People Leadership and Management experience and expertise.
- Analytical and reporting skills
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.