About The Role
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to develop, implement, manage and promote our health and safety management systems and practices. You will be our resident health and safety expert, the go-to person to provide specialist advice and education, manage incidents and monitor compliance. You’ll build upon the safety practices that have been developed and enhance them through visibility and engagement, targeted training and developing best practices.
We’re looking for someone with a wealth of practical health and safety experience and a knack for generating buy-in to eliminate risks. We’re a business full of analytical and inquisitive minds, so you will need great commercial acumen and communication skills to influence outcomes. Your commerciality and creativity will enable you to think outside the box to provide pragmatic, sustainable and cost effective solutions.
- 5 + years’ experience in health and safety, with strong technical and legislative knowledge
- Experience developing and implementing health and safety management systems
- Advanced incident/accident investigation skills
- Advanced reporting skills
- Confident communicator with exceptional influencing skills
- An owner’s mindset and high levels of pragmatism
- Forward thinking, proactive and high levels of energy
- Outcome focussed, with a strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to take initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Previous project management and change management experience
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.