About The Role
- Design and release electrical harness for power distribution, RF, communication, and high-speed data.
- Perform trade studies and selection of harness components and hardware, including connectors, backshells, and wire.
- Develop harness routing requirements, working with production and vehicle design teams for optimized harness designs.
- Perform R&D requirements to improve harness performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Coordinate with engineering teams and with Mission Management to create harnesses for unique spacecraft and deployment systems.
- Create and maintain vehicle-level schematics including grounding system layout.
- Contribute to the design of new avionics components, providing expertise in mechanical integration and connectivity.
- Develop and improve internal processes for harness documentation and manufacturing processes.
- Interface with Production to resolve manufacturing and quality issues.
- 1+ years’ relevant industry experience in harness design, or the development of complex electronic systems.
- Knowledge of electrical principles, including signal integrity, layout, and grounding.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic interference (EMI) mitigation.
- Good multi-disciplinary skills including strong mechanical skills.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Design for high-vibration, high-temperature, and vacuum environments.
- Experience with RapidHarness, SolidWorks Electrical, or similar.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.