About The Role
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
ADCS Engineer Intern
The ADCS Intern will be involved with the development of Attitude Determination & Control Systems for Photon satellite platform.
- A final-year undergraduate student or a graduate student of Aerospace/Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering or a related technical field with suitable experience
- Proficiency in the design and implementation of multivariable control systems
- Proficiency in technical computing with MATLAB and/or Python
- Experience with CAD systems (esp.Solidworks and Siemens NX)
- Experience with Simulink or similar simulation software
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics
- Willingness to write/maintain clear documentation
- Prior working experience in an engineering team
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.