About The Role
Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is a space systems company that delivers end-to-end mission services, including complete small satellite build and launch solutions to make space easy. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class Global Launch Services team at our Long Beach Headquarters to deliver superior service to commercial and government customers around the world.
Rocket Lab is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Director of Global Government Launch Services
The Rocket Lab Global Launch Services team is currently seeking candidates for the Director of Global Government Launch Services position. The ideal candidate will have an engineering or technical foundation and a strong track record of performance in strategic business planning, business development and sales.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Launch Services, the Director of Global Government Launch Services will be responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of new and existing domestic and international government business. Domestic accounts include civil and national security space customers. International accounts include allied foreign government customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide superior customer service and a premium experience to existing government customers.
- Develop and execute winning strategies to rapidly grow new government business worldwide.
- Leverage industry-leading tools and best practices to efficiently capture new government business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in aerospace or high-tech industry with demonstrated contributions towards company success.
- Strategic business planning, business development and sales experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Government proposal development experience and demonstrated business capture.
- Thorough understanding of global government space markets.
- Security clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Progressively higher levels of leadership/management experience.
- Prior government service, especially in the space industry.
- Preferred work location is Rocket Lab’s Long Beach Headquarters.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.