About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Global Commercial Launch Services Manager
Located at Rocket Lab HQ in Long Beach, California the Global Commercial Launch Services Manager is responsible for capturing commercial revenue (business development and sales) to enable Rocket Lab’s sustained operations and growth as a company. As the Global Commercial Launch Services Manager, you will oversee key commercial customer accounts including Electron and Neutron launch vehicles and, Dedicated, Primary Rideshare, and Rideshare launch services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Global Commercial Launch Services strategy, business development and sales.
- Support Global Launch Services commercial quote and proposal development.
- Execute winning strategies to rapidly grow new commercial business worldwide.
- Utilize professional network, business development techniques, and product knowledge to market launch services on the Electron and Neutron launch vehicles and mission services.
- Work with the marketing team to formulate strategy for aerospace industry conferences and networking events.
- Develop marketing materials such as presentations, user’s guides, and the company website content.
- Identify and capture new customer accounts.
- Quickly convert leads to quotes efficiently leverage industry-leading tools (e.g., Salesforce CRM), and draft Launch Service Agreements (LSAs) coordinating mission performance requirements with technical teams.
- Maintain up to date SmallSat market analysis, keep Senior Leadership and technical teams abreast of trends & services.
- Host important customers during strategic company events, launches and press announcements.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in aerospace or high-tech industry with demonstrated contributions towards company success.
- Strategic business planning, business development and sales experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Proposal development experience and demonstrated business capture.
- Thorough understanding of global space markets.
- Position requires >40% domestic and international travel.
Preferred Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Progressively higher levels of leadership/management experience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status