About The Role
Join Nimbus as we apply web and cloud technology to the new-space industry. Work alongside a dedicated protector of birds, an airsoft ninja, a born speaker and a master blacksmith.
As part of the Nimbus team, you work on major features and new applications that are part of mission management, production, launch operations, and vehicle design. Nothing is out of bounds, opportunity is everywhere, and every week has its own thrills!
Dive straight in, and help us use web technology to optimize everything and anything at Rocket Lab, in style.
What are you waiting for? We could really use a hand!
What you’ll bring to Rocket Lab:
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience within a relevant discipline
- Experience working as part of a (software) engineering team
- REST API design
- Relational database design
- Experience in Unix based environments
- Experience creating automated tests to validate implementations
- NodeJS server design
- Angular or other Frontend framework (React, Vue, etc)
- Experience with docker/kubernetes
- Understanding of the Product Life Cycle
- Network programming (Sockets/WebSockets)
- Nodejs/NPM related build systems and tooling
- C#/.NET Development
- Folding a burrito with one hand
What’s in for you?
We'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will lead, inspire and support team members to reach their potential and deliver on our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits, including subsidised lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.