About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach, CA facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Front Desk Receptionist
Rocket Lab has a wonderful opportunity for a Front Desk Receptionist to join the team at our Huntington Beach Headquarters! You will be the first point of contact for our facility guests, customers and staff. This role is responsible for setting the tone for the visitor experience at Rocket Lab as well as coordinating any inquiries that come into our facility. The role has a central relationship with all staff at the US facility and supports staff events and internal communications, ensuring that employees are well informed. The role will also support the operations team, ensuring that everything in running smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute mail
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the front desk (monitor logbooks, issue visitor badges)
- Scheduling meetings
- Assist Human Resources clerical duties
- 1+ years work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Customer service attitude
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills with a keen ability to prioritize tasks
- High level of attention to detail
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.