About The Role
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute mail
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the front desk (monitor logbooks, issue visitor badges)
- Replenish snacks and drinks and ensure kitchen is neat and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
About Rocket Lab:
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth. Since our inception, we have grown dramatically and with successful commercial launches tied to our name, we don’t expect this growth to slow down any time soon.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally, and we are looking for accomplished and motivated individuals to join the Rocket Lab Headquarters. We believe in giving highly-skilled employees ownership of processes from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals to help us redefine how the world accesses space.
- 3+ years work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Customer service attitude
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. badge printer and copy machine)
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills with a keen ability to prioritize tasks
- High level of attention to detail
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.