About The Role
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements under US GAAP and international accounting standards. You will ensure that reports, filings, and documentation comply with the company’s regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines. You will support the Corporate Controller and Corporate Accounting & Finance organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as technical accounting resource by researching, resolving, and documenting accounting treatments as needed.
- Partner with international subsidiaries to monitor statutory reporting compliance.
- Collaborate across departments to improve controls that impact financial reporting including; refining processes, policies, procedures, documentation, and information systems.
- Support adhoc operational/systems initiatives and research, including identifying solutions for deficiencies.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements under US GAAP and international accounting standards
- Ensure reports, filings, and documentation complies with the company’s regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of the company’s financial statements.
- Create and maintain reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence.
- Construct, identify, develop, and implement custom reports
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant financial reporting, consolidations, audit & accounting experience, from both public accounting and industry sectors.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Current on quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills & the ability to explain complex information to others.
- Big Four experience.
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small.
- Constant desire to learn, grow, and collaborate with others to find better solutions.
- Problem solver, with the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- ERP experience using Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.